It is known that approached issues in sex-linked diseases are doubts surrounding us still. After all, talking about diseases transmitted via sex there would always been more complicated than talking about other issues pertinent to sexuality.
Here it is all about gonorrhea, a sexually infecto-contagious malady, pandemic, determined by the bacterium Neisseria Gonorrhoeae, transmitted via sexual relation, with exceptional accidental contamination rates. It has as main clinical characteristic, the presence of bountiful purulent and viscous thrush through the urethra. It is otherwise known as Cupid's itch a.k.a. the clap by its pain around the urethra and painful urination.
As sex-orientated classification goes:
- Evolutive acute, its initial phase, when abundant purulent secretion occurs, being visualization of the gonococcus in situ easy.
- Evolutive chronicle, phase in which gonorrhea gets past two months, whose sintomatology diminishes, rendering easy the finding of local germ.
- Anatomoclinic low when reaching external sexual organs.
- Anatomoclinic high when reaching internal sex organs.
- About clinical state in both man and woman,
- In sex-driven men, manifestations occur post incubation period of roughly ten days at about two to five days in average post contagion.
Its symptoms and signs may be at the beginning an itching sensation or pruritus of the external genitalia. Two or three days thereafter, a mucous urethral flow may appear which slowly becomes mucous-purulent of yellowish color. The prepucial skin, mostly in long prepuces, swells up and less rarely develops inflammatory phimosis, through which urethral secretion accumulates. In this initial phase, the doctor's intervention means essential to prevent propagation of this sex-linked disease to the posterior urethra, medium urinary tract and superior, as well as prostrate, epididymis, or same such, in rather rare situations, in most distant spots, as the joints, skin, iris, endocardium.
In sex-orientated women, the acute clinical state, translates itself by a thrush of great intensity, yellow-greenish, with robust odor that whiffs off the vulva-her sex organ off course, producing a state of acute vulvovaginities, often observed in rape cases as well as in the first vaginal sex rapport when her sex-partner is a carrier of gonorrhea.
The gnomonical urethritis in women has as clinical state of disuria, urinary urgency and. less frequently yellowish secretion.
By Adriana Sommer da Costa
Psychologist and Sexologist